Dear Parents / Caregivers,
2020 Kotahitanga Camp Cancellation
Sadly, but after lengthy discussions, together as a Leadership Team based on the guidance we have received from the Ministry of Education we have made the decision to cancel Kotahitanga Camp this year.
Due to concerns around COVID-19 we have decided that added Health and Safety guidelines would have increased the pressure of running such an event and we would not be able to guarantee that Health and Safety procedures, although stringent, would be upheld at all times throughout the camp.
We are hoping that students, while disappointed at the cancellation, will be able to look forward to other alternative activities later in the year.
We are very sorry for any inconvenience that this decision has made; however, Health and Safety is paramount when providing opportunities for positive experiences for our students and we want to ensure that our school is doing its part to reduce the risk of exposure and the potential spread of COVID-19. The measures in place would have taken away the true essence of what it is to be at camp, as the freedom and exploration of pushing oneself to the limits, the strong bonds built with peers and team building would not have been able to be done in the usual way.
If you have any concerns please do not hesitate to contact us.
R Dullabh, Principal
R Gage, Kotahitanga Team Leader